Bears are coming to Kinectmals this fall in the "Bear Island" DLC -- a name that we'd like to point out would be terrifying in practically any other context. In addition to five unique poohs, you'll also get a specially crafted adventure hosted by a new guide, Bumblina. (Because when we go to a place called Bear Island, we want the person responsible for bringing us back alive to have "bumble" right in her name.)
You'll be able to pick up the DLC for $14.99 or buy it alongside the full game in a new retail package that's called ... wait for it ... Kinectimals Now With Bears! An amazing name, to be sure, but it's perhaps even more special because it lead us to the revelation that every game title can be made better if you add "Now With Bears!"
Batman Arkham City Now With Bears! (Bears aren't a cowardly lot, but they're way superstitious.)
Dance Central Now With Bears! (Imagine that and don't smile.)
Dino Crisis Now With Bears! (Warning to the faint-hearted ... they've mated.)
Go on, try it yourselves!
· A new adventure with bears. A new guide, Bumblina, will help you and your new bear cub explore an uncharted island off the coast of Lemuria. Bring your bear cub along to track Captain Blackwood's progress as he explored the island more than 200 years ago and uncover a mysterious device buried underground to seek out a new adventure.
· "Nice to meet you." Your journey begins when you adopt and name one of five adventurous bears – Black Bear, Grizzly Bear, Cinnamon Bear, Glacier Bear or Polar Bear or five playful cats – Lion, Royal Bengal Tiger, Cheetah, Leopard or Panther. Discover the lush environments on the islands as you journey with your cub to unlock 10 more animals during the course of your journeys to solve the Legend of Felis Aurum and the Fiddler's Quest.
· The fun never ends. Train your pet to perform tricks like fetch, play activities including jump rope and juggling and even master agility courses with hops, stops and balancing acts. Of course, there is always time to care for your pet by feeding, bathing and grooming, too.
· Collect and customize. Travel far and wide to collect hundreds of different treasures and toys. You can customize your pet and decorate your home, plus use the in-game store to shop for items to nurture and care for your new best friend.
· Plush Pals. Bring your pet to life with a variety of collectable "Kinectimals" plush pals (sold separately), including the White Tiger, Bornean Clouded Leopard, Polar Bear and other cuddly cubs. Bring your new pals into your game by scanning them using Microsoft tag (mtag) technology.
"Kinectimals Now with Bears!" will be available this fall and will retail for $49.99 (U.S. SRP); however players who already own "Kinectimals" can download the "Bear Island" add-on through Xbox LIVE for $14.99 (U.S. SRP).
Microsoft Xbox One