LG Electronics and Sony have gotten the patent lawyers to heel (good lawyers, have a biscuit) in the two mega-corps' expansive patent disputes over mobile, TV and Blu-ray tech. Reuters obtained a quote from South Korea's LG Electronics stating the two companies have agreed to drop patent suits and have signed a cross-licensing deal.
The patent issues culminated this past February when the civil court of justice in the Netherlands granted LG a preliminary injunction for customs to seize and confiscate all PS3s coming into Europe. Dutch police eventually seized the consoles, only to allow the PS3s to runneth free after Sony won in court. No word yet on when executives from the two corporations will meet to hug out the years of hostility.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25