The latest trailer out of Gamescom for EA's upcoming SSX shows off a little bit of that social functionality we just heard about. After a quick walk around the world and the previously revealed NASA terrain data (that was eventually turned into the game's maps), we get to see an example of how Ridernet will work. You can pull in a friend's (or, presumably, a stranger's) ghost run, then race it down a mountain anywhere in the game's world.
You can also see a quick glimpse of the online gameplay, with "up to 100,000 players" competing all at once around the globe. Not on the same map, we hope -- that would probably get a little crowded. There's a few screenshots of all of this functionality (and a sassy-looking updated Elise) in the gallery below.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One