Unlike the last time we did this, we've commissioned an artist to create a design for us, and you're just going to love what he's working on. Well, we bet you will -- he hasn't made it yet -- but he's done enough cool gaming-related stuff in the past that we have plenty of faith.
But of course, the shirts are still going to be gracing the thoraxes of our readers and we wanted to give you the chance to leave your thumbprint on the annals of sartorial Joystiq history. We're not looking to con free work out of you pros, mind you -- we want everyone with a great idea, some gumption and a working knowledge of MS Paint to have a chance. (Of course, if you happen to be a pro who just wants to show off, we won't turn our nose up at you.) Besides, whatever money we make on the shirts, we're putting right back into free ones to give away at events.
So come up with a cool, completely original design for a Joystiq shirt (rules and suggestions after the break) and send a high-quality JPEG our way. Between the Joystiq staff and readers, we'll select our favorite, and that artist will win their choice of a 360, PS3 or Wii and five randomly selected games for that system. Plus, assuming the design's dope enough, we'll make it into a real shirt!
You've got two weeks, so what are you waiting for? Go get your ... you know, brushes or whatever it is one uses for T-shirt designing. We don't know. That's why you're doing it.
To enter for your chance to win:
- Send your T-shirt design (no more than four colors, not including background) to firstname.lastname@example.org. High res jpegs or links to high-res jpegs are preferred.
- You must be 18 years or older and a resident of the US.
- Limit 1 entry per person.
- This entry period ends at 12:00PM ET Sunday, Sept. 4.
- By Sept. 11, Joystiq editors will (with the input of readers) select a winning design. Winner will received their choice of a PS3, 360 or Wii plus five randomly selected games for that system (ARV: $550).
- Designs must be completely original.
- For a list of complete rules, click here.
- You probably wanna incorporate our logo, which you can download here.
- Don't rely too much on Joystiq in-jokes. We want something everyone will be able to enjoy, and something you'd be willing to wear in public. And by "you," we mean "your cooler cousin from the big city."
- No slogans, let your images do the talking.
- Get creative: Don't remix something you saw on Threadless a month ago. Be bold!