This week, Massively staffers attended the Penny Arcade Expo in order to bring you the scoop on the swankiest MMOs around. Are you into Star Wars: The Old Republic's Operations? WildStar's bunnygirls? Lord of the Rings Online's inexorable crawl to Isengard? Yep, we wrote about all that and more. So join us after the break for a look at our top PAX stories... and the rest of the goodies from this past week.
Top stories from PAX
- Massively's guide to PAX 2011
- PAX 2011: SWTOR video guides us through the Eternity Vault
- PAX 2011: Turbine lifts Rise of Isengard NDA, shows off LotRO and DDO
- PAX 2011: WildStar panel discusses playing with paths the Bartle way
- PAX 2011: TERA producers reveal server vs. server endgame content
BioWare: The Old Republic will be 'one of the biggest launches ever in the history of gaming'
Not that they have a big head about it or anything.
SWTOR lead spills the beans about the Eternity Vault raid
Gabe Amatangelo on The Old Republic's raids.
The Secret World's Secret War beta, large-scale PvP, faction trailer, business model
Funcom ramped up the hype for its conspiracy-horror MMO.
gPotato announces Sevencore, releases gameplay trailer
As one commenter said, "Flamethrowers, woot!"
Enter at Your Own Rift: A party guide for the fashionably late
Karen's guide to RIFT's half-year birthday event.
Free for All: Using a controller to play your favorite MMO
Beau examines the efficacy of using controllers with MMOs.
Faxion Online closing the doors of heaven and hell
F2P Faxion was shut down abruptly after only three months.
Turbine confirms five new LotRO instances by the end of the year
New content is coming on the heels of Rise of Isengard.
Astronaut MMO may finally launch (pun intended)
The NASA MMO plans to turn you into a deep space explorer.
The Perfect Ten: How to deal with burnout
Justin's method for MMO gaming longevity.
Hyperspace Beacon: Monday night Huttball!
Larry digs in to SWTOR's Huttball warzone.
The Soapbox: The Republic must stand, the Republic must fall
Eliot's take on what SWTOR's success and failure means for the genre.
Diablo III's Inferno mode and million-dollar tournaments
Not So Massively's weekly MOBA roundup.
- Blizzard looking for "meaningful difference" in expansion releases
- Recap of Blizzard Entertainment at Gamescom 2011
- Patch 4.3 preview: The all-new Darkmoon Faire
- Meet Murkablo, the BlizzCon 2011 exclusive pet