XCOM version 2.0 was revealed at E3 this past June. The tweaked demonstration we saw kept the setting of socially and politically turbulent 1960s America, but took a significantly different approach to the gameplay. Gone was the clearly BioShock-infused game we'd seen the prior year, twisted into something more strategic with many more gaming influences, not the least of which was Mass Effect.
The demo video has everything we saw at E3, covering squad selection, use of skills in combat and alien technology reclamation. XCOM will supposedly be ready to hire new recruits on March 6, 2012.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One