He noted all of this before he stated that "there's this stranglehold that the AAA retail model has which I think is just crushing innovation and access to creative content." But wait, isn't Antoniades' studio currently hard at work on a reboot of a AAA retail franchise for a major publisher? "We're in this kind of AAA bracket, I guess you could call it ... the barriers to entry for that are so high, so difficult, that we seem to be getting, being offered, decent work in that area," he explained. "It's hard to say no when you've got a team of 100 and you have to keep the payroll going."
So, Antoniades believes that AAA retail games are "crushing innovation and access to creative content," but that his studio is developing a AAA retail game that features "some of our most creative work." Yup.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One