Azeroth has a variety of sweet treats to choose from. Some will make you feel better, others are meant to be shared with friends, and others ... well, you can just hog them for yourself. Mages are known for concocting sweet treats out of nothing, but today we've got a confection sold only in the Kirin Tor base city of Dalaran. We've got no clue whether these doughnuts are conjured up by mages or not, but today's recipe is about as easy to conjure as making a Mana Biscuit or Strudel.
Everyone knows doughnuts are best when they're fresh, and when you wander to your local bakery, you've no idea how long the doughnuts there have been sitting on the shelf. So what would you say if I said I have a doughnut recipe that's so easy that you can have fresh, warm doughnuts in your greedy little paws in the matter of about 10 minutes or so? Interested? Let's get to the kitchen and make some magic!
Requires Level 70
Item Level 75
Use: Restores 18480 health over 30 seconds. Must remain seated while eating.
The Dalaran Doughnut can only be purchased from Aimee the pastry vendor in the magical city of Dalaran, for 85 silver per stack of five. But who wants to head to Dalaran, especially after all those city portals got taken away? It's way quicker -- and way tastier -- to simply make them yourself, and it couldn't be easier with this recipe.
- 1 roll refrigerated biscuits (8, 10 -- however many you want to make!)
- 1 large skillet
- 1 container of oil; vegetable or canola will do just fine
This is an easily soloable quest; no need for a raid group. All you need is a Basic Campfire, and you're good to go!
- Check your quest log Open the package of biscuits and lay them flat on a cookie sheet. Then take a bottle cap or a knife and cut holes in the center.
- Prepare to pull Heat up approximately 1 inch of oil in a large, flat-bottomed skillet.
- Engage Once your oil is hot, drop the doughnuts into the oil. Flip them over when they're golden brown on the bottom, and remove them when they are golden brown on both sides.
- Collect your drop Place the doughnuts on paper towels to drain. All done!
But seriously, who wants to eat a plain old doughnut? How about we try making some homemade frosting for those doughnuts, hmm?
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Hand mixer or a good old-fashioned spoon
Use a tablespoon to drizzle the frosting over the doughnuts. Lick the spoon off after you're done -- you know you want to.
- You can also add a heaping tablespoon of cocoa powder to your frosting for a shot of chocolate flavor, a shot of espresso for some extra kick, or almond, lemon or orange extract instead of the vanilla -- or heck, just add food coloring to the plain frosting to give it a little pizzazz!
- Drizzle the frosting over the doughnuts, then add some sprinkles or coconut if you like!
- Mix together equal parts cinnamon and sugar and roll the doughnuts in it for a cinnamon-sweet alternative.
- If you aren't gung-ho about frosting or cinnamon, just sift some powdered sugar on the doughnuts to sweeten them up!
You'll end up with just enough doughnuts for a dungeon group, if you play your cards right -- with a few extras you can stow in your bags for later, of course.
Who doesn't love a fresh doughnut? Whether it's with a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of milk for a late-night snack, these doughnuts are so incredibly easy and fast to make that you can indulge your sweet tooth any time you like. Keep in mind these doughnuts are fried in oil, so I'd suggest devouring in moderation.
This recipe is a perfect one to do with kids. You can let them cut out the holes and decorate the doughnuts however they like when they're done cooking!
If you're still confused about completing this quest, check out the gallery for a complete, illustrated guide to help you out. Enjoy!
World of WarCrafts spotlights art and creativity by WoW players, including arts and crafts, fan art, WoW-themed recipes, comics, cosplay, music and fan fiction. Show us how you express yourself by emailing email@example.com with your not-for-profit, WoW-inspired creations.