Barrera said that while Max Payne 3 is very modern, most of the game's wrappings will be familiar to those who played the first game. The change of setting from snow-covered New York to the hot and muggy tropics of São Paulo, Brazil, doesn't mean that Max Payne 3 will lose the series' iconic noir narrative and Max's internal monologues. "While we've revealed the setting as São Paulo, the game stays true to all the fundamentals of the first two games, from the noir themes and visuals to James McCaffrey's iconic voice-over and even a version of the graphic-novel-style panels," Barrera said.
And if you doubt Rockstar's commitment to
Finally, Barrerra teased that we'd get to see Max in "some familiar locations," but we won't get to hear about that until later this year.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One