One of the universal truths of the fighting-game world is that at all times, someone out there is better than you, no exceptions. It's a sure thing, so much so that this cosmic natural law even applies to games that aren't even out yet, as is evident by the SoulCalibur 5 Astaroth v. Ivy match video above.
It's nice to know that even though the bright, cheerful announcer we've come to know and love has been replaced by a gruff, melancholy fellow, matches are still followed by confusing and non-sequitur one-liners about justice and victory. Slide past the break for a few more videos showcasing the new fighters and reworked mechanics. Welcome back to the Stage of History; now eat it!
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One