Videogamer tried to delve deeper on the matter, dissecting data on Bad Company 2 to try and get a more concrete number. Bad Company 2, which sold 2.3 million in its first month, had a high of 230,000 simultaneous players online and an estimated 3.5 million downloads for its beta, likely exceeding that 230,000 figure -- using that number as a lowball base, Videogamer estimates the concurrent player count for the Battlefield 3 beta is 1.38 million players, at least. It's not exact science, but it's more than DICE is telling us.
Regardless, it appears DICE has a hit on its hands. Let's just hope the developer addresses concerns before the game launches on October 25.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One