A new behind-the-scenes video for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 has revealed a new system which should dramatically shake up the game's tried-and-true multiplayer component: Strike Packages. These break the player base down into three classes: Assault, which earns the standard set of offensive killstreaks; Support, which unlocks less offensive killstreaks (like UAVs and turrets), but doesn't have their streak reset upon death; and Specialist, which earns no killstreaks, but unlocks additional Perks every two consecutive kills.
Players can also extend their streaks by not only killing other players, but by capturing objectives or, with the use of a special Perk, providing their teammates with assists. Check out the trailer above to see how this system's being refined for the series' next installment.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One