Gaijin Games revealed the first footage of Runner 2, the XBLA/PSN followup to its Bit.Trip hit. We should mention that it's extremely early code, with placeholder graphics, running in debug mode. You can pretend it's a new graphical style that's even blockier than the original (though Runner 2 will actually be super-smooth).
Even in this early state, you can see some of the new content, like a jump-slide move. More moves means ... more potentially wrong moves at any point, and more deaths. You'll actually see a couple of deaths in this demo video, proving it's still Runner.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One