That lack of interest in new experiences, of course, is exactly what led us to say that Rocksmith "oozes boredom," suffered from audio latency, and "declines every single opportunity presented to educate the player on music theory."
He then went on to say that reviewers are asked to cover too many disparate genres. "We can't expect critics to be experts at everything," he said. That was the other unspoken issue, we suppose. Rocksmith was too new, and we don't have a dedicated "being taught how to play the guitar" critic.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One