It stands to reason that those 7 million units and the "launch units" are one in the same (we're checking with Bethesda). If true, then roughly 3.5 million units of Skyrim were sold in just 48 hours. Not too shabby! Also, if each game has infinite dragons and infinite quests, and 7 million copies exist, is that, like, 7 million infinity? Gadzooks!
Update: Zenimax originally reported $500 million as its expected return, but changed it moments later to $450 million. That's a $50 million gaffe right there!
Update 2: Bethesda confirmed with Joystiq that the 3.5 million units sold in the first 48 hours were indeed part of the "launch shipment."
[Image credit: Skyrim Forums]
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One