Speaking to Eurogamer, SCEE chief Jim Ryan, said: "I think we would consider it undesirable to be significantly later than the competition [with the next PlayStation]."
With Wii U slated for next year and the next Xbox possibly in 2012 (that is, if you believe the rumors), it looks like we could be in for a very interesting 12 months. Well, a very interesting 12 months capped off on Dec. 21 with the return of Quetzalcoatl, and ensuing end of human civilization.
But you can't start thinking that way. Yet.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4
Nintendo Wii U
Microsoft Xbox One