Decoded by Sarinilli, the same topographical alchemist responsible for creating the Skyward Sword font, the Gerudo language is also an alternate representation of the 26 characters of the English language. Strangely, the only numerals in the Gerudo alphabet are 1 and 5, which can be used as an effective (if inefficient) alternative for the Roman numerals I and V.
Hypothetically, this new knowledge could be used to translate Gerudo texts found in Ocarina of Time, but that sounds like way too much work to us. To be honest, we only joined the Hyrulian Historical Society for the political connections. The Gerudo Typography font is available for free, non-commercial use at Sarinilli's DeviantArt profile.
- Key specs
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27