"We are happy to announce that Q.U.B.E., the first Indie Fund-ed game to market, took only four days on Steam to generate enough revenue for Toxic Games to repay the full investment amount of $90k," the post reads. The project was originally supposed to cost just $42K, but the eventual budget ballooned to $90K, paid out in several big chunks. Thankfully, that investment paid off with 12K sold copies since the game launched last week.
The post also notes that Toxic Games is already discussing the possibility of moving Q.U.B.E. "beyond PC," though it's unclear whether that just means "to OS X" or to somewhere even more enticing (XBLA/PSN, perhaps?). We've asked Toxic Games for more info, naturally.
- Key specs
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, Other
- Audio services Last.fm, Napster, Pandora, Rdio, Rhapsody, Spotify, Other
- Video codec support AVI, h.264 / AVC, MPEG-4
- Audio codec support AAC, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA
- WiFi 802.11 a, b, g, n
- Released 2013-04-23