AT&T has announced new smartphone data plans, outlined below and effective January 22. This is the first significant update to AT&T's smartphone data plans in a year and a half, aside from AT&T's inclusion of an additional 2 GB of data per month for tethering customers. We've provided some comparison with the old plans so you can get some idea of what you're getting for your money under AT&T's new scheme.
- DataPlus 300 MB: $20 for 300MB -- extra 300 MB costs $20
- DataPro 3 GB: $30 for 3 GB -- $10 per additional GB
- DataPro 5 GB: $50 for 5 GB, with mobile hotspot / tethering -- $10 per additional GB
- DataPlus: 200 MB for $15 -- extra 200 MB costs $15
- DataPro: 2 GB $25 -- $10 per additional GB
- Tethering: Additional $20/month for DataPro customers and adds an additional 2 GB of data
In summary, overall tier pricing has risen by $5 per month across the board, but the data plans are also more generous by 50 MB on the low end and 1 GB on the middle and high tiers.
AT&T also has two new tablet data plans for the iPad:
- $30 for 3 GB
- $50 for 5 GB
The existing $14.99 for 250 MB plan remains available. These are still month-to-month, contract-free plans available to owners of the iPad Wi-Fi + 3G models.
Existing customers can stick with their current plans if they prefer, but new AT&T customers will be limited to the new options after January 22.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 12
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 9.7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Maximum battery life Up to 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 in
- Weight 0.96 lb
- Announced 2014-10-16
Apple iPhone 6