Good news for Beatles and music fans. Later this week, Apple is hosting a free live stream of a Paul McCartney concert. McCartney will be performing from Capitol Studios in an event that celebrates the release of McCartney's latest album, Kisses on the Bottom. You'll need to fire up iTunes or your Apple TV on Thursday, February 9 at 7 p.m. PST, if you want to catch the concert while it happens.
The concert is exciting, but the bigger news is the inclusion of the Apple TV as a target device for this stream. It's nice to see Apple finally using the media device to deliver exclusive, live show. Let's hope this is not a one-time thing and Apple continues to bring new content to its self-proclaimed hobby.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 112
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Other
- Audio services iTunes
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, Quicktime
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs via HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Released 2012-03-16