Kotaku translated the end of operation details from Konami, which will begin with the MGO shop ceasing to be on March 21. By April, it will be impossible to make new characters. Finally, the whole thing comes to an end on June 21.
Some may quip that this sounds like the most convoluted and extended conclusion ever to a game's online component. To them we say: Would you expect anything less from Metal Gear?
Update: Metal Gear Online is scheduled to go offline on June 12, not on June 21.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25