There's also news for the Wii's Virtual Console: the Genesis version of Strider can be purchased today. We hadn't heard about a Genesis VC game in a while, so we looked into it. As far as we can tell, this is the first Genesis game on Wii in North America since Sonic & Knuckles, on February 15, 2010. It's been two years and a day since the last Genesis VC release.
In fact, this appears to be the first Wii Virtual Console release of any kind since The Ignition Factor six months ago. Enjoy it! This doesn't happen very often.
Wii Virtual Console
- Strider (Genesis, 1 player, 800 Wii Points): Pseudo-Soviet settings, giant robot gorillas, and weird arcing sword effects. A true classic.
- Demo: Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D (Konami, 1 player, free): Sample some jungle stealth and tree frogs.
- Super Mario Bros. (NES) (Nintendo, 1-2 players, $4.99) You know, Super Mario Bros.
- iSpot Japan (EnjoyUp Games, 1-2 players, $1.99/200 DSi Points): Spot the difference between two images of Japanese locales.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 104
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27
Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo Entertainment System 1st-gen
Nintendo Wii console