AdWeek's sources say that Nintendo is aiming for parity between video streaming and gaming, much like what Microsoft did with the latest version of the Xbox 360 Dashboard. Sources say Nintendo held meetings back at CES in Las Vegas focusing on sports and music -- one source in particular says that Nintendo is working with Comcast right now for cable distribution rights.
It's all pretty forward-thinking stuff for Nintendo, if true. Nintendo president Satoru Iwata recently spoke about NFC payments and microtransactions on Wii U, showing an interest in broadening the system's financial model. The Wii U will launch by "the year-end season."
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18