"That's not our story to tell," producer Greg Goodrich told OXM US. "That's 'family business' to [the Tier 1 Operatives]. ... It's been an interesting exercise learning what's okay and what's not okay [to portray in the game]." And who at EA is going to argue with a guy who can kill with a paperclip?
The Medal of Honor reboot also avoided possible offense two years ago by changing "Taliban" to "Opposing Force" for the multiplayer portion of the game.
"The objection was, kind of from an older generation that doesn't understand games, that the sound bite was 'Play as the Taliban and kill US soldiers,'" Danger Close marketing director Craig Owens told us at the time. "There still is, it seems, a group that's still a little bit leery of a game taking place around an active conflict."
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One