Jered McFerron did when he decided to rewrite the code for the 1986 NES classic, Metroid, in the C++ programming language. This undertaking wasn't initially to propose to his love, Jenni, but struck as an inspiration mid-project when he knew she was the gal for him.
His approach involved changing key parts of the game to guide her into a special room where Samus would be confronted by the red ring item from The Legend of Zelda, as seen in the image above. Luckily for Jered -- and all of us on the internet with a soft spot for romantic stories -- she said yes.
- Key specs
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27
Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo Wii console
Nintendo Wii U