So the other day I had this thought: Why not transmog as a group? With your guild or maybe just a few friends, you could pick out a transmogrification theme and then do some activities together -- maybe hit up the Raid Finder and carry the group with your sheer awesomeness. As for a theme, it could be anything that suits your fancy. Maybe a novel series, or a historical era. Hmm ... Maybe your favorite video game characters?
In general, it's not that difficult to recreate Link's outfit in WoW. From a transmogrification standpoint, however, it's extremely difficult to recreate Link if you restrict yourself to just one armor class. I took a stab at making both a plate and a cloth Link, and I decided in the end that the cloth version was the most convincing. Sadly, warlocks and mages can't wield shields, so we'll have to forget about using that Spellbreaker's Buckler. So sad.
- Head Conjurer's Hood Shares model with Mistyreed Helm, Feralfen Hood, Hibernal Cowl, and more.
- Shoulders Resilient Mantle If you want something that blends in a little instead, try the Mantle of the Timbermaw or the Spider-Handler's Mantle if you're Horde.
- Chest Green Silk Armor
- Shirt White Swashbuckler's Shirt
- Hands Gloves of Rapid Evolution
- Waist Geomancer's Cord Any brown belt works.
- Legs Archaeologist's Pants Horde players should try getting Astralaan Pants and possibly consider switching to the Common White Shirt so that the whites match.
- Feet Marshfang Boots
- Main-hand weapon Crystalforged Sword A good alternative is the Lord General's Sword.
Unfortunately, there isn't too much flexibility in recreating this set, which is comprised of a lot of very rare pieces of plate. Getting the right amount of yellow, orange, and red is really important if you want the character to be instantly recognizable. [A mail version of this transmog is also available.]
- Head Gyth's Skull
- Shoulders Embossed Plate Pauldrons
- Chest Ragesteel Breastplate
- Shirt Stylish Black Shirt
- Hands Conqueror's Gauntlets
- Waist Glorious Belt
- Legs Conqueror's Legplates
- Feet Gothic Sabatons
- Ranged Weapon Arcanite Steam-Pistol
The inspiration for this set comes from a player I met on Akama (US) last summer. Before transmogrification had been announced, I saw a gnome dressed as Mario running between the mailbox and Auction House in Stormwind. I took some pictures of him at the time (which I have sadly since misplaced) and was reminded of him recently after seeing another gnome dressed as Mario linked on Reddit.
- Head Whitemane's Chapeau
- Shoulders Laughing Skull Shoulderpads Any low-profile shoulders will work here. The idea is to keep them small; if you can make them match, too, great.
- Chest Blue Overalls
- Shirt Red Linen Shirt
- Hands Buccaneer's Gloves You can also try brown gloves here; both look OK.
- Waist Mystic's Belt Any brown or black belt will work here.
- Feet Bright Boots Again, any brown boots will do.
So does anyone have a group transmogrification idea in the works? Let's hear about it and maybe see some pics, too, if you've got any!
Patch 4.3 lets you transmogrify your gear to look like any other gear your class can wear -- but you have to collect it first. Check out our coverage of transmogrification and start running those old dungeons!