Vanity is the subject of the next major update coming to Skyrim, which introduces new kill move animations for melee combat and some snazzy kill cams for ranged weapons and magic spells. If they look familiar in the video above, it's because you already saw them during Todd Howard's DICE 2012 keynote.
Of course, that's not the entirety of the update. Smithing skill boosts now factor into forged item value, there's a "better transition" when going underwater, and a variety of bugs and glitches are addressed. The full patch notes are over on the Bethesda Blog.
If you're a PC player, you can play a beta version of the 1.5 update on Steam right now. All you have to do is go into your settings tab and opt in through the client. The update will be available for Xbox 360 and PS3 players "soon."
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One