It's good to be EA in the UK right now, as the publisher holds the top four spots on the all formats sales chart. The company's latest addition, FIFA Street, debuted at the top of the charts, pushing Mass Effect 3 and SSX into second and third, respectively. Fourth is held by stalwart footster FIFA 12.
Chart-Track dug into the archives and unearthed the last time EA claimed the top four spots was in week 48 and 49 of... 2003. At that time -- a tumultuous period, because Madonna kissed both Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera on TV and the world was going to end -- it was FIFA 2004, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Medal of Honor: Rising Sun and Need for Speed: Underground.
The bottom half of the UK top ten is full of familiars, including the sweatastic return of Zumba Fitness. Another reboot, Sony's Twisted Metal, drove into 12th place for its launch. Check out the UK top ten after the break.
Top 10 UK Software Sales (All Formats); week ending March 17:
- FIFA Street
- Mass Effect 3
- FIFA 12
- Mario Party 9
- Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
- Zumba Fitness
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii console
Microsoft Xbox One