If you downloaded the updated Netflix app on your retina iPad, you may be pleased by the sharp-looking menu items, but disappointed to discover the video stream looks the same. Joris Evers, Director of Corporate Communications at Netflix, told Mashable "The video is not in HD yet. That is on our roadmap, but I can't share timing at this point."
Netflix already streams to the new Apple TV in 1080P, so it will be nice to get comparable quality on the iPad, too.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 112
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Other
- Audio services iTunes
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, Quicktime
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs via HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Released 2012-03-16
Apple iPad Air 2