Awesomenauts will be hitting PSN and XBLA in only one month. Ronimo has announced a May 1 release date for PSN in North America, with the worldwide PSN and XBLA releases to follow on May 2. Awesomenauts takes the multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) genre -- think DOTA, League of Legends, Monday Night Combat -- and infuses it with 2D gameplay and nostalgic, 80s cartoon goodness.
The game will be playable at PAX East next week at booth 754. Be aware that you might have to knock a few Joystiq staffers out of the way if you want to play. Check out a new trailer above and keep an eye out for an Awesomnauts preview later today.
Update: Ronimo has informed Joystiq that Awesomenauts will be priced at $10.
Present your Space Calendars and mark the following dates:
- On May 1st the game will launch on the PlayStation 3 in North America.
- On May 2nd it will launch everywhere else, on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- The game will also be playable at PAX East from April 6th, 7th and 8th at booth #754.
For those surprised by this sudden burst of Awesomeness, it's about a game. A downloadable game. An awesome downloadable game that contains backstabbing chameleons, giant exploding robots and yes, laser wielding flying monkeys. Check out the new video to see them all in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3j_qDLVzi4. These heroes battle it out in teams of 3 in split-screen and/or online! In this sidescrolling MOBA they will be blasting enemy robots and heroes, upgrading their gear and destroying enemy structures on their way to victory!
Countdown for launch will soon commence and be broadcast live through facebook.com/Awesomenauts and twitter.com/Ronimogames.
So suit up. It's (almost) time to get Awesome(nauts).
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One