A summary of the Guitar Apprentice patent describes its initial function as follows: "A method is provided for progressive musical instruction using a media system with processor-executable software modules storing musical performances each having a plurality of segments."
Ubisoft has previously acknowledged that Rocksmith took inspiration and technology from Game Tank's Guitar Rising, and it is currently in a legal dispute with the UK band Rocksmith, who claims it owns all rights to the name.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One