Payday: The Heist developer Overkill Software picked up quite the haul from its bank robbery simulator, with over 400,000 sales since the game's launch last October. The PC and PSN title made £1.42 million ($2.3 million) in revenue and £388,000 ($625,000k) in "net profit" for the studio.
It was announced today that Syndicate developer Starbreeze is attempting to purchase Overkill. Work has already begun on planning expansions and a sequel for further Paydays. For giggles, we've contacted Overkill to find out how many copies of the game were stolen.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25