This week, Star Wars: The Old Republic stole the MMO spotlight with two waves of server
Adding to the drama this week, the game's representatives made noise about possible changes to its business model: EA's head honcho proclaimed an intent to "embrace" free models for the title in the long-term, while BioWare's lead developer suggested that the studio is already investigating free-to-play.
Want a few more of this week's top MMO stories? To the cut-mobile!
- Massively's E3 2012 awards
- Five Diablo III Wizard myths tested and debunked
- Guild Wars 2 could launch before Thanksgiving, release date announcement 'imminent'
- Subpoenas issued over 38 Studios deal, Citizens Bank sues Schilling
- TERA adds free seven-day trials
- How Storm Legion will change the face of RIFT
- Diablo III pulls the trigger on its NA real-money auction house
- Guild Wars 2 professions are like onions
- ZeniMax: The Elder Scrolls Online's real-time combat 'is all pretty much new'
- The Secret World's third beta weekend begins June 15th
- WildStar shows off footage from friends and family testing
- Fifteen great things about Riders of Rohan
- Black Gold Online reveals its debut trailer
- Alleged 38 Studios spouse outlines financial struggles after company's closure
- Choose My Adventure's first week in TERA
- The Secret World nets 1.3 million beta testers
- Why we play EverQuest II
- The Soapbox: MMO fantasy is far from fantastic
- Leveling to 80 through pure crafting is possible in Guild Wars 2
- Steve Danuser weighs in on the 38 Studios debacle
- Massively's first impressions of Roblox
- How MUDs can stay relevant in today's 3-D world
- The day Fox's account got hacked -- and how you can learn from his mistakes
- Guide to microtransactions in WoW and the Diablo 3 real-money auction house
- PvP gear and the barrier to entry
- Guide to Midsummer Fire Festival 2012 achievements