Still, despite the issues being faced at retail, Sony plans to continue leveraging brick-and-mortar – the company will use retail to demonstrate Wonderbook, for example. He added that he hopes retailers, and not just specialist retailers, will stay committed to stocking games as well, especially considering that the next generation of gaming hardware is right around the corner.
Of course, Sony is intent on creating a new cloud service, so it will be interesting to see how the company's next offering will fit into the retail structure. One example to follow might be that of GameStop, which makes a substantial chunk of change selling redemption tokens for digital goods at its many retail stores.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25