Apple has quietly added Hulu Plus to the Apple TV. The new channel is available not through a software update for Apple's set-top box, but via restarting the device. Users are offered a one-week trial, or can log in with their existing account (or, apparently, buy service through iTunes). See our gallery for images of the new channel.
Hulu Plus is a service in the United States that allows viewers to watch TV shows and movies from some of the biggest networks and studios including Disney, NBC, ABC, and Fox. As of 2011 Hulu Plus had 1.5 million users.
Apple TV users outside of the United States will not be able to take advantage of the new Hulu Plus channel. The addition of Hulu Plus is promising for those outside of the US though. Here's hoping that Apple continues to add more streaming content outlets to the AppleTV -- like BBC's iPlayer.
[hat tip MacRumors]
- Key specs
- Reviews • 112
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Other
- Audio services iTunes
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, Quicktime
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs via HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Released 2012-03-16