A Wii U version of Madden NFL 13 was briefly detailed at EA's Summer Showcase event today. Developed by EA Tiburon, the game will include many of the same features to be seen in the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, including Total Control Passing and the game's improved "read and react" defensive AI. The much-touted Connected Careers mode will also find its way to Wii U, along with commentary by Jim Nantz and Phil Simms.
The Madden 13 Wii U demo at the event demonstrated new touch-screen play-calling methods, player management, and pre-snap adjustments on the GamePad controller. Additionally, players will be able to draw hot routes for their receivers on the controller's screen, not unlike the series' "call your shots" modes on the Wii. Madden 13 will launch with the Wii U later this year.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18