The suit alleges that the band's likeness was used in an unauthorized manner in Band Hero (remember music games?). No Doubt takes exception to the fact that players can use its band members' avatars to perform any song in the game, even those that aren't by No Doubt. Singer Gwen Stefani was particularly riled about the fact that her avatar could be used to sing songs with male vocalists, with the suit claiming the band's inclusion was tantamount to a "virtual karaoke circus act."
Come October 15, the case will go forward in the Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii console
Microsoft Xbox One