This latest testing phase marks what CCP is calling the "precursor" release for its sci-fi shooter sandbox. It features the first live server integration of DUST and its sister MMO EVE Online, and players will get to see CCP's orbital strike framework, instant battle matchmaking, and new environments.
Those of you who prefer your shooters with a keyboard and mouse should be happy to note that the latest testing phase offers you the option to put down the PS3 controller and use your favorite peripherals.
Finally, if you're not a PlayStation Plus member and you've yet to get a closed beta invite for DUST 514, fear not! You can purchase CCP's Mercenary Pack and receive unlimited testing access, in-game currency, skill boosts, and exclusive gear.
[Source: CCP press release]
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25