PlayStation Plus subscribers will get first crack at a God of War: Ascension beta "soon," game director Todd Papy has revealed on the PlayStation Blog. Don't have a PS Plus subscription? Papy says "there may [be] a few other secret inroads" to access the beta.
When you boot up multiplayer for the first time, you'll have to pledge allegiance to one of four gods: Hades, Ares, Poseidon or Zeus. Once you've got an affiliation, you can dive into the four-vs-four combat and earn XP, which is used to progress and fine-tune your character in pursuit of becoming your favored god's best pet.
"Each of our unique multiplayer maps and gameplay modes will have a variety of objectives and interactive multi-leveled environments," Papy says. "We'll be sharing more details as we get closer to our March 12, 2013 release."
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25