Although it has not been noted in the official patch notes for 5.0.4, players can access the lower-level version of the new Scholomance and Scarlet Monastery currently on the PTR. We don't know if this means this content will be included in the 5.0.4 patch on Aug. 28, because it's not specifically mentioned in the official patch notes, but both are playable on the PTR realms. In cases like this, it's better to be safe than sorry. Before any world changes happen, you may want to farm for any items you've been craving.
So what does that entail exactly? Here are a few suggestions.
- Sawbones Shirt This one-of-a-kind deep red shirt only drops from Doctor Theolen Krastinov. Not only is it rare, it's bind on pickup. Krastinov is not in the new iteration of Scholomance, so if you want to get your hands on this thing, farm it now.
- The Deathbone Guardian, Necropile Raiment, Cadaverous and Bloodmail sets These sets are unique to Scholomance and only available from side bosses. They aren't just cool sets -- they've got a ton of great pieces that go well with other sets. Worth nabbing for transmog.
- Alanna's Embrace If you like this lovely purple dress, farm for it now. Ras Frostwhisper will not be in the new Scholomance.
- Tabard of the Scarlet Crusade This bind-on-pickup tabard only drops from the Scarlet Trainees that spawn just after Herod's death. Herod is gone in the new version of Scarlet Monastery, and while we aren't certain if other mobs drop the tabard in the new iteration, you may as well farm the tabard now. Just in case.
- Herod's Shoulder Since Herod is taking his leave, his shoulder will likely be absent as well.
- Raging Berserker's Helm The same goes for Herod's hat.
- Mograine's Might Mograine is also absent from the new version of Scarlet Monastery, so grabbing this weapon would be advised.
- The Chain of the Scarlet Crusade set It's up in the air whether the pieces for this set will still be around in Mists, so start your farming now!
But it's safe to say that if there is anything in the current loot tables for either Scholomance or Scarlet Monastery that you'd like for transmogrification purposes -- or just because it looks really, really cool -- you should probably start farming it now. After all, it's far, far better to be preemptive about getting what you want than realizing far too late that it's gone forever!
Patch 4.3 lets you transmogrify your gear to look like any other gear your class can wear -- but you have to collect it first. Check out our coverage of transmogrification and start running those old dungeons!