The remake of Nigoro's retro-inspired, brutally hard archaeological platformer La-Mulana recently made it to PC, but the long-awaited WiiWare release was canceled by publisher Nicalis.
Spanish developer EnjoyUp Games (Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ) has picked up La-Mulana for WiiWare, and will publish it in North America and Europe. The long, long wait is almost over: EnjoyUp plans to release the game on September 20.
La-Mulana follows Professor Lemeza into the ruins of La-Mulana after finding a note from his long-lost father. It's a Metroidvania-style game set in a deadly cave full of traps and monsters.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 330
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19