There's non-patch news too, as well. My favorite tidbit is the news that they're working on new Orc and Human models. As someone who plays a human male main, I'm definitely looking forward to possibly not looking like a shaved gorilla, I won't lie.
You can read all this and more in our usual news roundup below. Downtime is limited to rolling restarts at 5 a.m. PDT, but why not take a breather and catch up?
Hot news and features
- We have a roundup of class resources and guides for Mists of Pandaria. If your spec isn't cover yet, check back. Chances are it will be in the days leading up to Mists.
- Check out the official release patch notes for patch 5.0.4.
- Glyphs saw a lot of changes in the patch. We have a class by class breakdown of what changed.
- Confused about the new account-wide pets, mounts, and achievements? We'll let you know what's up.
- Sometimes, it's the pleasant little surprises that get you with each new patch. 5.0.4 was no exception.
- The Queue has been answering a lot of your patch 5.0.4 questions. Check out their back issues and see if yours got answered.
- Is your Mac overheating when you try to play WoW with patch 5.0.4? We have some possible fixes.
- Blizzard has an official preview up that covers some of the new mounts you can get in Mists of Pandaria.
- Li Li's Travel Journal offers a sneak peek at some of the new areas of Mists through the eyes of a young explorer.
- Your spellbook probably looks a little different now. Let us walk you through the changes.
- The Battle of Theramore scenario will be available for play starting Sept. 18.
- The new Warcraft novel Tides of War has been released. It ties in with the events that will begin the Mists expansion, so it's a must-read for lore buffs.
- If you've been dismayed by your DPS against test dummies, don't get too worried. They're level 93 now.
- Transmogrify yourself into a member of Hellscream's Vanguard.
- The Blue Child, Azeroth's 2nd moon, can once again be seen in WoW's night sky.
Class news and guides
- Totem Talk has patch 5.0.4 survival guides for restoration shamans and elemental shamans.
- Shifting Perspectives has a guide to patch 5.0.4 for guardian and restoration druids.
- Lichborne has a guide to blood tanking for Mists and patch 5.0.4.
- Encrypted Text answers your post-patch rogue questions.
- Scattered Shots list 5 awesome hunter things from patch 5.0.4.
- Arcane Brilliance loves mages in patch 5.0.4.
- The Care And Feeding of Warriors also talks about patch 5.0.4.
Dungeons, items, professions, PvP, and more
- The Power of the Aspects buff in Dragon Soul is up to 35%.
- Guild leveling and reputation caps are gone in patch 5.0.4.
- Have Group, Will Travel is gone. Luckily, we have some advice for getting around in other ways.
- Sated-type debuffs will fade upon the end of raid encounter now.
- If you missed out on the 2009 promotion, you can now buy the Mountain Dew Warbot pet and fuel at toy vendors in game.
- Addon Spotlight offers some patch survival tips.
- Blood Sport offers some impressions on patch 5.0.4 PvP.
- If you're looking to stock up on low level ink, don't worry. You can still buy it with Blackfallow Ink.
- The Overachiever recommends you finish these achievements ASAP.
Odds and ends
- Want to brush up on Mists lore? Check out these resources.
- The popular Travels Through Azeroth and Outland blog is returning.
- Know Your Lore discusses the coming storm and offers some wild theories about Wrathion's coming war.
- We review the Goblin Ambush Mega Bloks set.
- WoW is now available with an Italian language pack and Italian realms.
- WoW Archivist looks at even more infamous raid exploits of yesteryear.