It's the augmented reality features that sound the most interesting. Using the 3DS' camera, players scan real-life objects to unlock portals, or 'magnagates', and these portals take you to dungeons in the game. What you should scan and why remains unclear, but we're definitely going to try our Pikachu slippers (yes we actually own a pair).
There's no word on any Western release date, but previous Mystery Dungeon games came to our shores between six months and a year after being released in Japan.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 104
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27