Among the noteworthy clarifications Svensson provided was a confirmation that the 3DS version would not support online play, that there are no current plans to package the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game together in a "hard bundle," and that the Monster Hunter Tri servers will eventually be shut down.
Svensson also mentioned that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will use Nintendo's servers for the Wii U version, though the team is "still waiting for Wii U builds in our office to play with and there's still many moving parts that no one except for the team members has first hand experience with at this point."
- Key specs
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27
Nintendo Wii U