While the rare elites aren't nearly as difficult as their denomination may imply, they're also not to be taken lightly. Each type of champion has a skill set of three abilities which can prove to be very deadly if the proper precautions are not taken.
The rare elites that hail from the jinyu have the following weapons in their arsenal:
- Water Bolt This is an ability with a cast which, despite the temptation, should not be interrupted. You'll need that 15 second cooldown for the next ability which is far deadlier. This is the ability that the jinyu will be throwing at you the most.
- Torrent This channeled attack does 28% of the target's maximum HP as damage every second. It must be interrupted immediately, or you'll be dead in no time.
- Rain Dance The jinyu will channel this spell (it cannot be interrupted) and toss balls of water into the air, which will then come crashing down around you. Don't stand in one place, to avoid getting hit. Each ball of water will deal 65% of the target's maximum HP as damage.
Upon defeating the jinyu you'll be awarded a nice, thick chunk of experience (if still leveling), a good amount of gold, a rare-quality BOP piece of armor, and possibly either a Small Bag of Goods and/or a special item only dropped by a specific rare of that type (detailed below).
Each of the Jinyu rares and their home zone are:
- Aethis Found in Jade Forest, can drop the Pool-Stirrer
- Eshelon Found in Townlong Steppes, can drop Big Bag of Linens
- Nalash Verdantis Found in Dread Wastes, can drop a Hollow Reed
- Norlaxx the Outcast Found in Kun-Lai, can drop the Farwater Conch
- Shan Tidehunter Found in Vale of the Eternal Blossoms, can drop Aqua Jewel
- Sele'na Found in Valley of the Four Winds, can drop Overgrown Lilypad