Liberation Maiden puts players in the shoes of Shoko Ōzora, a young high-school student who also happens to be the President of Japan, on account of the unfortunate assassination of her father. An invading force is attempting to steal all of Japan's energy resources, so obviously the best solution is to have Shoko pilot the "Kaihoki" mech herself into battle.
Animated cutscenes in the shooter come courtesy of Studio Bones, whose previous work includes the anime Wolf's Rain, Full Metal Alchemist and Soul Eater.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 104
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27