Massively's Karen Bryan and MJ Guthrie braved Vegas this weekend to witness the insanity of the newly reborn SOE Live. As if making up for last year's Fan Faire, which was a bit of a downer in the wake of Star Wars Galaxies' cancellation, SOE pulled out all the stops, especially for sandbox fans.
After multiple keynotes (why have one keynote when you can have three at thrice the price?) hitting the highlights, we investigated EverQuest Next, which John Smedley claims will be the largest sandbox MMO ever made; DC Universe Online, which is adding an impressive housing system in its next DLC; and EverQuest II's Chains of Eternity expansion, which puts crafters in the limelight. We also chatted with Smedley about SOE's philosophical shift and ProSieben.Sat.1 and checked out the SOE/Runewaker collaboration known as Dragon's Prophet. We even braved hardcore permadeath in Wizardry Online.
Oh yeah, and there's that little thing called PlanetSide 2 launching on November 20th.
The rest of our top MMO stories are just beyond the cut!
- Massively's LotRO Riders of Rohan launch-day roundup
- Guild Wars 2's Shadow of the Mad King video, content schedule
- Star Wars: The Old Republic transmits free-to-play video and fee matrix
- Hitting a wall in The Secret World
- Blizzard says 5.1 is 'going to change what it means to be a World of Warcraft patch'
- Why we play DC Universe Online
- Analysing RIFT: Storm Legion's new souls
- The unseen cost of closing City of Heroes
- Star Citizen FAQ outlines modding, micropayments, hardware requirements
- Defiance TV show gets a new trailer
- Guild Wars 2 gems now available in plastic card form
- DayZ development screenshots released
- Forging your Guild Wars 2 legend(ary weapon)
- ArenaNet programmers field Guild Wars 2 questions on Reddit
- Opinion: No game lives forever
- Why do we still play SWTOR?
- Star Trek Online shows off its new gateway
- Guide to Hallow's End 2012
- Getting started with reputation at level 90
- Heroic Dungeon Bosses in 5 seconds