If you've managed to sneak up on a bug or glitch in Assassin's Creed 3, there's a good chance it'll be addressed "by the end of next week." A planned Xbox 360 and PS3 patch rivaling the game's hefty day-one patch will address both multiplayer and single-player issues – that includes a problem on the Fort Wolcott map where players would become stuck in the warm-up screen. Targeting a player with throwing knives will prevent them from contesting kills, which should cut down on cheap escapes.
On the single-player side, just about every campaign mission will see an update. Missing NPCs, objects and audio will be returned, and several mission-breaking bugs will be squashed, including a few that would get you stuck in an infinite loop of respawn and death.
The descriptions on many of these fixes stray into spoiler territory, so read up on the full list past the break below at your own risk.
- ASSASSINATE - Instances where it was possible for players to kill players that were not their target in Assassinate have been corrected.
- ASSASSINATE - Bodyguards no longer fail to stun when they are locked by the pursuer of the player they protect.
- DEATHMATCH - In Fort Wolcott, fixed a bug where players would remained stuck on warmup screen.
- MANHUNT - The cooldown boosts for loss streak bonus are not permanently active for all abilities during a manhunt round anymore.
- Loss Streak now correctly triggers when players lose their contracts five times in a row.
- Disruption now breaks the hitting player's lock.
- The Smoke Bomb's drop behavior has been updated. It now drops at the user's feet instead of dropping in front of them. However, if players drop it from a ledge, it will drop below them.
- Throwing Knives used against players hiding in haystacks will now make them get out of this haystack.
- Using Throwing Knives against a target now prevents the target from contesting the kill.
- Players are no longer stuck after using the Money Bomb from a ledge.
- Several issues which occurred when players would quit a Manhunt pre-session lobby and join their friends the same session later have been corrected.
- After a session ends on a draw, both teams will now receive the same rate for Abstergo ladder, instead of one team getting a winning rate and the other getting a losing rate.
- Players are now granted Abstergo points normally even if one or several players get the idle state at the end of the session (The idle players do not get any Abstergo points)
- It is now possible for players to lock their target when their target has just stunned them.
- Changing the ability set three times during a game can no longer reset the ability's cooldown.
- The X icon no longer inaccurately persistently displays.
- It is no longer possible for players to get up and perform a kill under certain conditions while they're vulnerable.
- Transitions to join Multiplayer sessions after an invite now work correctly.
- Warm up games are no longer interrupted when the host player leaves.
- It is now possible to stun a vulnerable pursuer.
- The X icon no longer displays above the pursuer's previous target when they have been stunned after being vulnerable.
Location: Sequence 1 - 12
Mission - "A DEADLY PERFORMANCE" - Mission result screen could show an incorrect sync reward
Mission - "A DEADLY PERFORMANCE" - Players could be stuck in the opera if they backtracked in a certain way after killing the target.
Mission - "INFILTRATING SOUTHGATE" - Target would not be spawned if the player failed to perform a meat shield during the firing line tutorial
Mission - "INFILTRATING SOUTHGATE" - Fixed multiple bugs where the guard on the boat could walk in circles, stay stuck or jump on the railing.
Mission - "JOHNSON'S ERRAND" - Fixed floating muskets after a cinematic.
Mission - "JOHNSON'S ERRAND" - Moved HUD icon on the explosive barrel on the ground instead of above the cart, because that's what the player needs to shoot.
Mission - "JOHNSON'S ERRAND" - prevent the player from using hide spots during part the mission to avoid a possible mission break.
Mission - "THE SOLDIER" - Fixed a missing audio line.
Mission - "THE SURGEON" - Fixed a bug where the eavesdropping tutorial couldn't be completed if the mission was restarted.
Mission - "THE SURGEON" - Fixed NPC not reacting to the player's presence during the steal tutorial.
Mission - "THE SURGEON" - Fixed optional objectives that could fail too easily.
Mission - "WELCOME TO BOSTON"- When replaying the mission, when asked to buy a sword and pistol, those items would already be purchased.
Mission - "WELCOME TO BOSTON" - Fixed Possible mission break if the player shoots the horse he's supposed to ride.
Mission - "UNCONVINCED" - Fixed a bug where the player could enter the tavern too early and break the mission.
Mission - "UNCONVINCED" - Blocked accidental blending during the tavern fight, which could break the mission.
Mission - "FEATHERS AND TREES" - Fixed a bug where the optional objective "Do not touch the ground" could fail too easily.
Mission - "HUNTING LESSONS" - Fixed the issue where the bear could flee and eventually freeze.
Mission - "A BOORISH MAN" - After the mission, the candelabra would display an interaction effect while the secret door to the basement was already opened.
Mission - "RIVER RESCUE" - Blocked the player from diving in the river too early which could break the mission.
Mission - "STOP THE PRESSES" - Cinematic could sometimes not trigger, breaking the mission.
Mission - "THE HARD WAY" - Fixed the optional objective "Do not take any damage" that would fail if the player hits rocks even if it doesn't deal damage to the ship
Mission - "ON JOHNSON'S TRAIL" - Fixed issue where Chapheau could become inactive if the player dragged the fight far from where it started.
Mission - "THE ANGRY CHEF" - Fixed issue where the "limit health loss" optional objective would wrongly fail if the player reloads a checkpoint or dies. Also fix the displayed limit to 33% as that's what's actually used.
Mission - "THE ANGRY CHEF" - fixed missing butcher hatchet during cinematic if blood option is turned off
Mission - "BRIDEWELL PRISON" - Closed the cell doors while being escorted to prevent the player from getting stuck in them