As 2012 draws to an end, it's time once again for various analytics firms to reveal what the statistics they've been feverishly compiling. Forrester Research is one such organization, and as TechCrunch reports, the company's annual "State of Consumers and Technology" report has just been published.
Among the tastier tidbits of data on the report is the finding that 19 percent of consumers in the US now own at least one tablet. That figure is roughly double what it was at the end of 2011, which is quite a remarkable leap in adoption.
The research also found that while 43 percent of consumers now utilize web-based programming via their TVs, the method by which many user connect may surprise you; 42 percent of those who use the internet on their TVs do so through a video game console, with just 14 percent of the remainder relying on set-top boxes like Apple TV.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 112
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Other
- Audio services iTunes
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, Quicktime
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs via HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Released 2012-03-16
Apple iPad Air 2