Welcome to TUAW's Year in Review. Month by month, we're running down the top stories of 2012, all day long on New Year's Day.
A tweet from Bloomberg News a few minutes ago says Apple has fired its "Maps manager" in the aftermath of the iOS 6 Maps controversy. Gizmodo points to executive Richard Williamson as the unlucky...
At the iPhone 5 launch event in September 2012, Apple CEO Tim Cook pointed out an interesting statistic about the tablet market: the iPad owns a disproportionate share of web browsing traffic from...
It's finally happened! iTunes 11 just dropped into Software Update, so if you want to grab it open up the Mac App Store and click that Updates tab. The 198 MB file brings a totally redesigned...
The New York Times appears to have finally caught on to the big secret that many independent developers have known for a while -- the days of grabbing a pot of gold by writing an iOS app are over....
President Barack Obama spoke with prominent business leaders over the weekend to discuss his plan to avert the financial crisis that is looming early next year. According to Reuters, the list of...
- Snow Leopard still used on more than a quarter of all Macs
- Why Lightning is extra awesome
- Charge your iPhone while you cook with the BioLite CampStove
- Apple sells three million iPad minis, 4th generation iPads in three days
- Amtrak for iPhone adds Passbook support
- iPad mini launch day roundup
- AT&T announces cloud-based storage, 5 GB free for iOS users
- Apple's Bob Mansfield: influenced to stay by Scott Forstall's departure?
- Mansfield may lead Apple away from Intel chips in Macs
- Time Magazine cover image shot with iPhone: interview with Ben Lowy
- Pixar names building after Steve Jobs
- To migrate or not to migrate: that is the upgrade question
- Reality Absorption Field: Sizing up the iPad mini
- TechCrunch looks at Apple's fight against the grey market in China
- Apple named "most innovative" company three years running
- A week with the iPad mini
- Apple and HTC settle patent disputes, sign 10-year cross-licensing deal
- Algoriddim's vjay for iPhone puts video mixing in the palm of your hand
- Origin Stories: Tekserve
- WSJ: Google nearly ready to submit Maps app to the App Store
- Thieves steal 3,600 iPad minis from JFK airport
- Apple Maps finally gets turn-by-turn navigation in Australia
- Apple.com 'start page' lives
- Dropbox hits 100 million users, looking for great Dropbox stories
- Why no Retina on the iPad mini? Money and power
- Text messaging declines for first time thanks in part to iMessage
- Apple to allow employees time off to work on special projects
- Black Friday sales net some good deals on iPads
- Apple now asking potential Genius Bar customers to reboot iPhone before making an appointment
- TUAW Smackdown: Google Chromebook vs. Apple iPad, MacBook Air
- Want a 14-megapixel iPhone? Will.i.am claims he can make it happen
- Barclays orders 8,500 iPads for massive corporate rollout
- Appsterdam's Mike Lee returns with Lemurs Chemistry: Water game for iOS
- iTunes 11 imminent according to German music distributor
- Skitch co-founder talks 2.0 changes, asks user sufferance
- 5 apps to help make your turkey tasty this Thanksgiving
- Apple's 'spaceship' campus might be delayed until 2016
- Nielsen reports that iPad is most wanted this holiday season
- A year with iTunes Match: How would you fix it?
- How a kid-friendly app leaks mature content via YouTube
- New iMacs not delayed after all
- Blast from the past: Jony Ive stars in 1997 Apple video sans white backdrop
- JFK worker who helped steal 3600 iPad minis nabbed by FBI
- Multi-iPad table moves from concept to reality
- Securing Your Mac: A Guide for Reasonable People, Version 1.0
- Tim Cook to give first TV interview on Rock Center Dec. 6
- App downloads saw a surge after iPhone 5 release
- iPhone 5 in stock for the holidays, Nexus 4 is nowhere to be found
- iTunes 11 for old fogies: goin' back to the way it was
- Report: Eddy Cue tasked with setting Maps right
- Reality Absorption Field: Navigating the return of Google Maps
- Watch every Apple TV ad in a single YouTube playlist
- The Simpsons skewer iPad obsession with A Tree Grows In Springfield
- Apple needs to learn how the Internet works before iCloud evaporates